Copyright 2013 / REYES Media Group
Question & Answers
Number of American deaths per year that result directly or primarily from the following selected causes nationwide, according to World Almanacs, Life Insurance Actuarial (death) Rates, and the last 20 years of U.S. Surgeon Generals' reports.

TOBACCO - 340,000 to 450,000

ALCOHOL (Not including 50% of all highway deaths and 65% of all murders) - 150,000+

ASPIRIN (Including deliberate overdose) - 180 to 1,000+

CAFFEINE (From stress, ulcers, and triggering irregular heartbeats, etc.) - 1,000 to 10,000

"LEGAL" DRUG OVERDOSE (Deliberate or accidental) from legal, prescribed or patent medicines and/or mixing with alcohol - e.g. Valium/alcohol - 14,000 to 27,000

ILLICIT DRUG OVERDOSE - (Deliberate or accidental) from all illegal drugs - 3,800 to 5,200


(Marijuana users also have the same or lower incidence of murders and highway deaths and accidents than the general non-marijuana using population as a whole. Cancer Study, UCLA; U.S. Funded ($6 million), First & Second Jamaican Studies, 1968 to 1974; Costa Rican Studies, 1980 to 1982; et al. LOWEST TOXICITY 100% of the studies done at dozens of American universities and research facilities show pot toxicity does not exist. Medical history does not record anyone dying from an overdose of marijuana (UCLA, Harvard, Temple, etc.)

Who can use Low-THC & Medical Cannabis?
1. Patients who suffer from seizures, severe and persistent muscle spasms, pain, nausea, loss of appetite due to cancer or epilepsy under Charlotte's Web Law.
2. Terminally ill patients under the Right to Try Act.

How do I get certified to recommend cannabis treatment to patients?
1.Successfully complete the Florida Medical Association course and examination. This course and examination is required each time you renew your medical license. For more information visit Office of Compassionate Use.

How do I get a recommendation for medical cannabis or low-THC treatment?
1.Schedule an appointment with a physician that has completed the training required for ordering medical cannabis for patients. Please note: you must be a patient with a qualified physician for the immediate preceding 3 months in order to be considered for treatment. Your doctor will enter your personal information and dosage recommendation into the Compassionate Use Registry, where it will be saved and stored for the duration of your treatment.

How do I find an doctor that can prescribe Medican Marijuana?
1.You can find a list of authorized physicians here.
2. An authorized physician is one who has completed the training required for ordering medical cannabis for patients.

How do I fill my recommended order?
1. Visit a Trulieve dispensary and speak with our knowledgeable staff about your dosage recommendation. Our specially-trained staff works hand-in-hand with YOUR physician to provide the right products and the correct dosage to ensure you get the compassionate care you need. We will fill your order while you wait and answer any other questions you may have. Remember: you must have identification with your full name and date of birth.

How do I register with the Office of Compassionate Use as a recommending physician?
1. Once you have successfully completed the Florida Medical Association course and examination, visit the Compassionate Use Registry system here. Click "login" and then click "New Physician." Then enter in your information. It is that simple!

What is the difference between Low-THC Cannabis and Medical Cannabi
1.Low-THC cannabis has very low amounts of the psychoactive ingredient THC and does not usually produce the high commonly associated with cannabis. Patients with cancer or a condition that causes chronic seizures or muscle spasms may qualify to receive low-THC cannabis.
2. Medical Cannabis can contain sufficient levels of the psychoactive ingredient THC to produce the high commonly associated with cannabis. If a patient is suffering from a condition that has been determined to be terminal by two physicians, he or she may qualify for medical cannabis.
3. To learn more visit the Office of Compassionate Use.